Prior to your first session, I will send you a health history intake form you can complete at home. When we meet, we will continue your patient intake and discuss what brings you in as well as what your goals are when you leave.
I will inquire about various things that may appear unrelated to what brought you in. Keep in mind that in this style of medicine, everything is related and nothing is irrelevant. I usually begin with an abdominal palpation followed by a pulse reading. Once we decipher whether we will practice non-insertion needles or inserted acupuncture needles, I put together a treatment plan based upon what we unearth during the patient intake.
After I place the needles, you will have 15 minutes of rest. After this 15 minutes we will either do a second round of needles, some moxa and/or structural bodywork. If necessary, this is when focused time can be spent on a given scar. Sessions are one hour long.
Types Of Ailments We Can Address But Are Not Limited To:
- Postural rebalancing
- Pain relief
- Overall Immune System Support
- Respiratory Conditions (asthma, cough, cold, allergies, sinusitis, rhinitis)
- Scar tissue work
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (acid reflux, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, stomach pain)
- Mental health (depression, anxiety, PTSD)
- Gynecological Disorders (female fertility support, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, menorrhagia, PMS, menopause support, leukorrhea)
- Men’s health (male fertility support, male health)
- Cardiovascular support
- Skin disorders
- Migraines & Headaches
- Acute sprains/strains
Articles about what Acupuncture Treats:
Please contact Lauren to discuss your specific issue.
Please bear in mind that these modalities are not a substitute for medical advice. Please seek the care of a medical doctor.